Every year the club holds two annual leagues – Novice and Open – allowing members to compete for the trophies at the end of the season. For 2020 we have made a few changes …
CLUB LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS
- The Club open championships (male & female) are open to all Club members.
- The Club novice championships (male and female) are open to members competing in their first or second year of triathlon.
- To be eligible for the championships you must complete a minimum of 3 races.
- Your lowest 3 scores will count and the lowest total score wins. In the event of a tie a 4th race will be included in the score.
- All participants must be fully paid up members of Burntwood Triathlon Club.
- Participants must compete as ‘Burntwood Triathlon Club’ and appear in the race results as such.
- Race results should be submitted to the League Secretary, Mark Drayton (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 25th October 2020.
- Any race that is affiliated to the BTF or organised by any other independent body will be eligible so long as it has results that can be verified online.
- Open League – races must be sprint distance or longer.
- Novice League – supersprint races can be included.
Scoring – scores will be determined in comparison to the winning time in your age group (your time in seconds divided by the winning time in seconds). If you win your age group you will score 1.000.
Each year we also nominate one Sprint and one standard (Olympic) distance race as the Club races where the best scoring members (male and female) will each win a small prize. We try to get as many members as possible to this race and make it a bit more of a social occasion.
This year’s Club races will be held at Blithfield Triathlon on 19th July 2020.
Scores will be determined as above. The winners will be the lowest scoring male and female when compared to the winner of their age group.
DARREN HALE MEMORIAL TROPHY
The ‘Darren Hale Memorial’ trophy will be presented to the best placed member in the Blithfield Triathlon (Olympic distance) in either the male or female open race.
The winner will be the male or female with the lowest score when their result is compared with the overall male or female race winners.
Results will be posted here throughout the season and on our Facebook page.
Click on the link to see previous results …