Come and Join Burntwood Triathlon Club
Burntwood Triathlon Club welcomes new members of any ability over 16 years old (Juniors – see below). Our current membership includes National level age group athletes, weekend warriors and complete novices.
We hold training sessions throughout the year and as well as a number of other events, both triathlon-related and social. If you want to see what’s on offer this week please visit our Clubspark Training page.
When you join the Club you will benefit from:
- Access to weekly sessions coached by BTF (British Triathlon Federation) and ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) qualified coaches.
- Regular swim and run sessions throughout the year
- Regular bike time trials held every summer.
- Weekly email newsletter.
- Access to open water swimming at local venues.
- Subsidised entry to the National Club Relay Championships*
- Opportunities to gain British Triathlon coaching qualifications
- Entry into novice and open Club Leagues.
- Reduced BTF membership fees.
- Club social events.
- Training, racing and casual kit available in Club colours
*Available to members who have helped at either of the Club’s aquathlons during the previous year.
Why not come along for a free Monday night swim session and meet the Club members?
Non-members can swim at a maximum of 3 sessions before they must join the Club if they wish to continue. This is to comply with our Club insurance. For your first swim you can book a free introductory session here. You can then swim two sessions at non-member’s rates before deciding whether to join. If you are having trouble logging into Clubspark see the note below.
Juniors – the Club does not have a junior section. Competent junior swimmers over 16 years are welcome to attend our swim sessions (14 years for the children of active Club members) however our sessions are designed for adult swimmers and any juniors will be expected to complete the same sessions. They should be able to swim 400m continuously before attending and must be accompanied by a parent to all sessions; anyone under 16 wanting to attend a Club run or bike session must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. The nearest Clubs with dedicated Junior sections are Stafford Triathlon Club and Derby Triathlon Club.
If you would like further information, please contact our Membership Secretary, Mark Drayton, on email@example.com.
HOW TO JOIN
You can join online on our Clubspark Membership page where you will be able to see all the options available.
Current membership rates are:
Adult & Junior membership (full year) – £24
NB. If you are having trouble logging in to Clubspark try using the big blue British Triathlon button even if you have never been a member. It seems to work!
BRITISH TRIATHLON MEMBERSHIP
The British Triathlon Federation is the governing body for triathlon in the UK. They deal with every aspect of triathlon from club level up to elite athletes. The Federation is divided into 3 divisions – Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon.
As a member of a British Triathlon affiliated Club you are entitled to reduced British Triathlon membership rates.
It isn’t necessary to belong to British Triathlon in order to race, but we recommend it as there are many benefits beyond reduced entry fees to races:
- Reduced entry fee to Triathlon England sanctioned events
- Worldwide public liability insurance cover & worldwide personal accident cover
- Free legal claims service
- Eligibility to compete for National titles and to represent Great Britain
- Automatic entry into the National Ranking Series
- Access to the members-only section of the BTF website
- Support from Triathlon England staff
You will find a link to the British Triathlon website and reduced Club member’s rates at the bottom of our Clubspark membership page. More details on the BTF and Triathlon England can be found on their website at www.britishtriathlon.org.