ALL MEMBERS MUST READ THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE BOOKING THEIR FIRST SESSION
What is changing?
- Swimming will be for adult members only. Initially only adult members over 16 years will be permitted to swim. This decision will be continuously reviewed.
- Current sessions:
- Adult swim (50 minutes – coached) 20:00-20:50 Monday
- Adult swim (50 minutes – uncoached) 20:00-20:50 Friday
- Cost will be £5 (Monday) and £4.50 (Friday) for a 50 minute session.
- Swimming places will need to be booked online in advance (see below). Sessions will be made available for booking a few days in advance. IF YOU HAVE NOT BOOKED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SWIM.
- Before attending their first session everyone will be required to complete an online Health Screening and Risk Awareness Declaration.
- Sessions will be geared around endurance swimming, minimising the time resting at one end of the pool.
- No spectators will be allowed.
- The format may change depending on numbers, fitness levels and British Triathlon/ Friary Grange Leisure Centre rules.
Procedure for Monday sessions?
- Do not attend club sessions if you feel unwell or anyone in your household is unwell.
- Please arrive 10 mins before swimming and wait outside the main reception area. Do not go to the Leisure Centre Reception until you are told to do so. Here your temperature will be checked, you will complete a very brief Health Survey, and you will be allotted a swim lane. PLEASE WEAR A MASK AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES.
- Please arrive on time. We cannot guarantee that anyone arriving late will be able to join the session.
- You are advised to check in using the government track and trace app (QR code) as you enter the building and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- The leisure centre changing areas will not be available to us so you need to arrive in your swimming kit (under a tracksuit or other clothing) that you can remove on poolside. After the session you will leave in the same clothing. No nudity allowed!
- There will be a toilet available.
- When everyone has been registered you will be led into the building and will enter the pool area through the disabled changing room.
- Everyone swimming in Lanes 1,3 & 5 should turn right and leave their kit on the ‘stone’ benches under the windows. You will then start your swim session in the deep end of the pool.
- Everyone swimming in Lanes 2,4 & 6 should turn left and leave their kit on the plastic seats. You will then start your swim session in the shallow end of the pool.
- WEAR A FACEMASK UNTIL YOU HAVE DEPOSITED YOUR KIT AND ARE READY TO SWIM
- Have your own paddles, pull buoy, fins etc in a marked bag. You will not be able to borrow Club or Leisure Centre kit.
- Bring your own drink bottles marked with your name.
- After the session, collect your kit and leave via the fire exit onto the carpark. Do not remove your swimming costume poolside after your swim.
During the session:
- Lanes 1,3 & 5 will start their session and take breaks at the deep end of the pool;
- Lanes 2,4 & 6 will start their session and take breaks at the shallow end of the pool;
- During breaks maintain a 2-metre distance between yourself and other swimmers and face away from them where possible;
- Overtake only at the pool ends using normal pool etiquette.
Procedure for Friday Sessions
- Friday sessions will be uncoached but still need to be booked in advance
- Participants will be sent a session plan by email before the session
- We are still awaiting confirmation but procedure for entry and exit from the pool will be as for a Friary Grange public swim session. Please arrive ready to swim and wait in the reception area from where you will be told when and how to enter the pool.
- The Club will have one double lane reserved. Slower swimmers should keep to the edge of the lane; faster swimmers should overtake either at the end of the pool or, with care, down the centre of the lane.
- Take care to maintain social distancing during breaks from swimming.
How can you book onto the sessions?
- We will be releasing sessions only a few days before they open in case our format changes as the rules change. All sessions must be booked and paid for in advance.
- For bookings we are using a British Triathlon (BTF) system – Club Spark. You will be sent a link by email before each session is released. Sessions can also be booked through our Club website (burntwoodtriclub.org.uk) – look for the link under ‘Latest’.
- We will not be providing refunds / booking referrals / changes if you cannot make your swim allocation.
- Before you book onto your first session you must complete 2 forms – a Heath Screening Form and a Risk Awareness Declaration
- There are two ways to get into Club Spark
- If you are already a BTF member use the blue ‘Sign in with your British Triathlon Account’ button using your email address or British Triathlon membership number (beginning E) and password. Don’t create a new account.
- If you are not a BTF member then register using REGISTER (in the header). Note you don’t need to sign up for British Triathlon membership – you just registering so you can book swim sessions. There is no cost to register
The options above are highlighted in this PDF