Information that we collect
We only collect information that you have provided and given to us through our membership forms or by personal communication.
How we store your data
Data is stored on our own secure device in accordance with UK regulations.
How your data is used
We use your data in the following ways:
- To enable you to access Burntwood Triathlon Club;
- To communicate with you regarding information about or events run by Burntwood Triathlon Club or any other events we feel you may be interested in.
Who may use your data
- Your data is used only by Burntwood Triathlon Club;
- Your data may be used to enter races as part of a Club team;
- Your data may be shared with Club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- Your data may be used for the processing of membership forms and payments;
- Your data may be shared with Committee members to provide information about Club activities, membership renewals or invitations to social events;
- Your data may be used to for a Club newsletter and for promotion of Club activities;
- Your data may be used when publishing race or competition results;
- Your data may be used to send information about the selling of Club kit;
- Any health data provided will only be shared with coaches and session leaders to allow safe running of training sessions. This information may be passed to the emergency services only in the event of an emergency. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent, therefore we will also need your specific consent to process his data which we will ask for at the point of collecting it;
- If you have selected to join England Athletics (EA) as part of your membership, your details will be passed to them for the purposes of registration only. After registration you will be contacted by EA and will be able to amend your privacy settings through the MyAthletics portal;
- Your information is not shared with any other third parties.
Your personal data and your rights
- You have the right to access and request copies of your personal data from us;
- You have the right to correct and rectify any personal data with us if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- You have the right to request that we remove, copy or transfer any personal data;
- You have the right to request to restrict the use of your information;
- You have the right to request that we remove your personal information from our records.
How long do we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information for as long as you are a member of Burntwood Triathlon Club or, for lapsed membership, for up to 4 years or earlier if you request it is deleted.
On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members (eg. non-members participating in Club training sessions or taster sessions). This data will be stored for 4 weeks after the last time it is needed and then destroyed securely. Our lawful basis for processing data is consent, therefore we will ask for explicit consent to process this data at the point of collection.
The Club has the following social media pages – Facebook. All members are free to join these pages. Please note that the providers of social media platforms have their own privacy policies and that the Club does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Last updated May 2018