Come and Join Burntwood Triathlon Club
Burntwood Triathlon Club welcomes new members of any ability or age (Juniors – see below). Our current membership includes National level age group athletes, weekend warriors and complete novices.
We hold training sessions throughout the year and have access to sessions run by other local Clubs (including open water swimming, track cycle sessions and Time Trials). Additionally, we hold a number of events, both triathlon-related and social, throughout the year. If you want to see what’s on offer this week please visit the Training Calendar which you’ll find on the home page of this website.
When you join the Club you will benefit from:
- Access to weekly sessions coached by BTF (British Triathlon Federation) and ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) qualified coaches.
- Regular swim and run sessions throughout the year
- Regular bike time trials held every summer.
- Weekly training timetable and newsletter.
- Access to open water swimming at local venues.
- Access to sessions run by other local Clubs at member’s rates.
- Access to Cycle Time Trial Association affiliated TTs.
- Subsidised entry to the National Club Relay Championships*
- Opportunities to gain BTF coaching qualifications
- Entry into novice and open Club Leagues.
- Professional swim film analysis
- Discounts at a number of sponsors and shops.
- Reduced BTF membership fees.
- At least two Club social events each year.
- Training, racing and casual kit available in Club colours
*Available to members who have helped at either of the Club’s aquathlons during the previous year.
If you are interested in becoming a member, or would like further information, please contact our Membership Secretary, Mark Drayton, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why not come along for a free Monday night swim session and meet the Club members?
Non-members can swim at a maximum of 3 sessions before they must join the Club (or the BTF) if they wish to continue. This is to comply with our Club insurance. Please complete our non-member’s consent form and bring it with you to your first session.
Juniors – the Club does not have a formal junior section. We have a few junior members, mostly children of members, but our sessions are all designed for adults. Competent junior swimmers are welcome to attend our swim sessions; anyone under 16 wanting to attend a Club run or bike session must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. The nearest Clubs with dedicated Junior sections are Stafford Triathlon Club and Derby Triathlon Club.
HOW TO JOIN
The annual membership fee (January to December) is:
£24 Adults £10 Under 16 or in full time education
After June 30th (new members only):
£12 adults £5 Under 16 or in full time education
After November 1st, full membership fee will obtain membership for the next 14 months.
All new members will receive a membership pack containing more information about the Club, a free Club swim hat and a Burntwood Triathlon Club car sticker!
The British Triathlon Federation is the governing body for triathlon in the UK. They deal with every aspect of triathlon from club level up to elite athletes. The Federation is divided into 3 divisions – Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon.
It isn’t necessary to belong to the BTF in order to race, but we recommend that all members do join as there are many benefits beyond reduced entry fees to races:
- Reduced entry fee to Triathlon England sanctioned events
- Worldwide public liability insurance cover & worldwide personal accident cover
- Free legal claims service
- Bimonthly copies of membership magazine ‘Tri News’
- Eligibility to compete for National titles and to represent Great Britain
- Automatic entry into the National Ranking Series
- Access to the members-only section of the BTF website
- Support from Triathlon England staff
More details on the BTF and Triathlon England can be found on their website at www.britishtriathlon.org.
Join Triathlon England here
CTT (CYCLE TIME TRIAL) AFFILIATION
The Club is affiliated to the CTT (Cycle Time trial Association) meaning our members can take part in any CTT affiliated Time Trial. In order to take part in local (Club) TTs you need to do nothing. To take part in ‘Open’ TTs you should register on the CTT website. This is free to Club members. Each TT charges a small levy (usually about £2) on race day. For events organised by our Club or Lichfield City Cycling Club this is paid by the Club.