Come and Join Burntwood Triathlon Club
Burntwood Triathlon Club welcomes new members of any ability or age (Juniors – see below). Our current membership includes National level age group athletes, weekend warriors and complete novices.
We hold training sessions and a number of events, both triathlon-related and social, throughout the year.
When you join the Club you will benefit from:
- Access to weekly sessions coached by BTF (British Triathlon Federation) and ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) qualified coaches.
- Regular swim and run sessions throughout the year
- Regular bike time trials held every summer.
- Weekly email with Club news.
- Access to open water swimming at local venues.
- Subsidised entry to the National Club Relay Championships*
- Opportunities to gain BTF coaching qualifications
- Entry into novice and open Club Leagues.
- Reduced BTF membership fees.
- At least two Club social events each year.
- Training, racing and casual kit available in Club colours
*Available to members who have helped at either of the Club’s aquathlons during the previous year.
Non-members can swim at a maximum of 3 sessions before they must join the Club (or the BTF) if they wish to continue. This is to comply with our Club insurance.
Juniors – the Club does not have a formal junior section. We have a few junior members (mostly children of members) but our sessions are all designed for adults. Competent junior swimmers over 14 years are welcome to attend our swim sessions; anyone under 16 wanting to attend a Club run or bike session must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. The nearest Clubs with dedicated Junior sections are Stafford Triathlon Club and Derby Triathlon Club.
If you would like further information, please contact our Membership Secretary, Mark Drayton, on email@example.com.
Full adult membership (12 months) – £24
Adult membership – part year (after 1st July) – £12
Full junior membership (12 months) – £12
Junior membership – part year (after 1st July) – £6
All new members will receive a membership pack containing more information about the Club and a free Club swim hat.
HOW TO JOIN
You can join the Club online at Clubspark .
(If you are having trouble logging into Clubspark, try using the big blue ‘British Triathlon’ button even if you have never been a BTF member – this seems to work!)
The British Triathlon Federation is the governing body for triathlon in the UK. They deal with every aspect of triathlon from club level up to elite athletes. The Federation is divided into 3 divisions – Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon.
It isn’t necessary to belong to the BTF in order to race, but we recommend that all members do join as there are many benefits beyond reduced entry fees to races:
- Reduced entry fee to Triathlon England sanctioned events
- Worldwide public liability insurance cover & worldwide personal accident cover
- Free legal claims service
- Bimonthly copies of membership magazine ‘Tri News’
- Eligibility to compete for National titles and to represent Great Britain
- Automatic entry into the National Ranking Series
- Access to the members-only section of the BTF website
- Support from Triathlon England staff
More details on the BTF and Triathlon England can be found on their website at www.britishtriathlon.org. There is a link to their membership area on our Clubspark Membership page.